Developing a holistic approach is a process that has a lot of trial and error and there is no template to follow. I define the holistic approach to pet care as doing what is right for you and your pet(s) and this will take into account all your circumstances like lifestyle, beliefs, finances, it’s based on the individual family needs.
Our In-home Pet Sitting services avoid the stress and risk using kennels to board pets. Holistic Pet Care is all about creating a more peaceful experience for your pets while you are away. Keeping pets in their home while pet parents are away on vacation or too ill – in the hospital and/or recuperating at home – to care for them will bring about peace of mind knowing that your pets are being watched out for in the least stressful environment. The pets are in the environment that is comfortable to them, they are fed their own food, medicated on time, sleep in their own bedding, and play with their own toys.
We emphasize the importance of the whole and the interdependence of its parts. Holistic Pet Sitting is not a one-sized fits all approach. We create a schedule a care plan that is best for you and your pets.
A holistic approach to pet care is important for pets to live life to its fullest.
Our first priority is the health and well-being of your pet — your beloved animal companions. Our approach is to deal with the whole aspect of the animal, including training, grooming, care, pet sitting, pet transportation, workshops, preparing pets for emergencies and disasters, and holistically formulated pet products. I am a Reiki Master and I also use telepathy to communicate with animals that allows be to bridge both worlds.
Ian Dunbar has said when training dogs “There is no need to use force to reinforce behavior.” This applies to a pet’s overall care, there is no need to use force or aggressive means in caring for pets.
FOR THE PET
- Staying at home in his/her safe, secure environment
- Surrounded by familiar sights, smells and sounds
- Following regular diet and exercise routine
- Having play time
- Receiving love and personal attention
- When required medical treatment are maintained
- A trained professional is responsible in case of an emergency
- Eliminates the trauma of travel or being in an unfamiliar environment
- Ensuring health, there is no exposure to other animals’ illness, parasites or negative behaviors
FOR THE OWNER
- Knowing that your pet is in trained, caring, loving hands
- Confidence that other issues are handled other issues (such as grooming, vet visits, etc.)
- Eliminating the trauma of transporting/leaving your pet
- Not having to impose on family, friends or neighbors
- Feeling that your home is more secure when someone is going in and out several times a day, thus giving the house a lived in appearance.